Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 11

Week 11

Monday, 12 September 2016

Monday was actually a lot of fun! Ephraim and Ellen invited us over to make candles! So we made blue candles that smell like "fresh linen" which is one of my favorite scents! It was super fun! I love doing things like making candles... Not very many other people do though so it's fun to have found people like me. :)


The Barlows just purchased a new mop
so I had to try it out as a wig. :D
They then took us to "The Habit"! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! It's the best burger place I have ever been to! I always get the BBQ Bacon Charburger with added avocado... My mouth is watering just typing this! xD

Anywho... Sister Foulke and I decided to try something different for P-day, instead of emailing at the
church where we are super distracted by the other missionaries (and where I'm scared for my life because the Elders are throwing basketballs around and my head is a magnet for any type of sporting equipment) we decided to email at the Barlow's house. They have this beautiful music room that is so quiet and so peaceful the two of us were able to write a whole lot easier. It was wonderful, the two of us were just ensconced in this room and talking with our families. :)

-----------------------

Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Tuesday was ZTC (Zone Training Council) so that took up the entirety of our morning and early afternoon since it went an hour late. After ZTC we went to "Great Harvest". LOVE!
Zone Training Council
Then we went to the Barlow's house for service, Sister Barlow was making pear sauce (which is like applesauce only with pears) so we peeled pears and just talked and had fun.

After that we went to visit Bodai but she was too busy to actually have a lesson, but we were able to talk to her a little bit about some gospel principles and set up an appointment for when she would be less busy. :)

We then went to visit Reggie... Oh my goodness. So this is how part of our conversation went:
Reggie: I need a woman like you Sister Foulke....
Sister Foulke: *stares awkwardly*
Sister Longo: You know, if you came to church you could find someone like Sister Foulke...
Reggie: How old are you Sister? Twenty-four?
Sister Foulke: *panicked look* I'm twenty-one.
Reggie: *blanches a little* That's a tad bit young...
*conversation continues about church*
Sister Longo: So how old are you Reggie, if you don't mind us asking? There's a Ward for mid-single Adults that you might like attending.
Reggie: *procedes to tell a very long story that seemingly has no connection to the question I posed before saying* So yes... I am fifty-five.
Sister Foulke: *face goes paler than an albino's*
Sister Longo: *Tries not to bust out laughing*
Sister Foulke: *manages to compose self and somehow excuses us from the conversation*
Sister Longo: *gets into the car and starts crying with laughter*
Sister Foulke: *Glares and rolls her eyes. But then tries not to smile at my laughter*

We then had a lesson with Kristin and we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love Kristin. Honestly, if I wasn't a member I would be a lot like her. The two of us really connect.

After our lesson we went to the Martinique Bay apartments and we went to go find a potential investigator named Damon. We knocked on the door and we saw the light turn on and someone looked in the peephole. But then they walked away and turned the light off without even saying anything... Hmm...

Since that wasn't successful we went to go find another potential investigator but she had moved and we met Keone instead. At first he wasn't interested in what we were saying. But then Ephraim (he was with us that evening) asked Keone, "Do you like war?" And Sister Foulke and I stared at him, but then he rephrased his question, "Do you like reading about war and the different tactics?" And Keone looked super interested and nodded and so Ephraim proceeded to tell him about the war chapters in the book of Alma, where it talks about this war that happened between two ancient civilizations, the Nephites and the Lamanites. And how it was through their faith in God and their inspired leaders that the Nephites managed to succeed. Keone took a Book of Mormon and set a return appointment! :D

Ephraim was then able to give us the candles we had made on Monday because they had finished setting. I LOVE CANDLES! I have been burning my candle everyday since we got it!

------------------------

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

So on Wednesday we had a pass off lesson with the district leader for Victor Lopez, he showed that he was more comfortable with the Elders so we decided (everybody involved) that it would be best for Victor to meet with the Elders instead of us. :)
PINEAPPLE!!!  *fist bump to all you Psyche fans!
We then went to the Villas apartments and while we were walking to a potential investigator's apartment we ran into this really nice man. His name is Augustine and he set up an appointment with us! We gave him a Restoration pamphlet for him to read and talked a little bit. He is about my dad's age and physically reminds me of my dad a lot. :)
We then had BBQ with the Grimmetts! I HAVE MISSED BBQ! It was good, but no BBQ can live up to Kansas City BBQ (world's BBQ Capitol!).  It was wonderful to eat something that reminded me of home. :)

We then had Institute and all I'm going to say is that I am a spazzy person. On the drive there I was... Spazzy.... See Sister Foulke for more details. I can't even remember half of it. XD

------------------------

Thursday, 15 September 2016

We had another lesson with Kristin. And as we walked out of that lesson Sister Foulke turned to me with a soft smile and said, "You were sent to her, Sister..." And I was struck. The Holy Ghost witnessed to me that it was true. That she is one of the people that I was sent here to meet and to minister to. That was a powerful moment for me. And I know now that this is the mission where I need to be. And I love it deeply. :)

After that we went and visited McKenna who is doing well! She has got another, better job and is excited for that to start. Still don't know if she will be able to come to church but honestly, as long as we are showing her love, that's all that matters. :)

That evening we had a lesson with Victor Ranga about the importance of Teaching/Learning and Service. And Victor told us that our lesson was wonderful!!! Holy Cow! We were all flabbergasted! Usually at the end of the lesson he has a concern or something else negative but he said, "This lesson was wonderful, Sisters." Our jaws almost had to be scraped off the floor and be reattached to our faces. We were floating to the car. Yes, it was totally and completely the Holy Ghost who made that happen. Sister Foulke and I are just grateful that we were able to be good instruments in His hands. :)

-------------------------

Friday, 16 September 2016

Weekly Planning!!! YAY! :D

That afternoon we had a lesson with Jerry and we brought Ellen along. It was actually really adorable! We were teaching the Ten Commandments and Ellen was acting them out for Jerry and he was absolutely delighted with her! xD

We then had a lesson with Marcus- and we focused entirely on CPR (Church, Prayer, Reading the scriptures) and it went really well! He actually set a baptismal date for this next Saturday! We are praying a ton! :D
Escaping under the table. XD

After meeting with Marcus it was time for dinner and Ellen was actually the one who signed up to feed us and we had a riot! XD It was just the three of us and I wouldn't stop tickling Sister Foulke so she went to the opposite end of the table to eat and then I squirted water at her out of my straw and she went and HID UNDER THE TABLE!!! I WAS DYING WITH LAUGHTER!!! XD She is so much fun!


We then went to the lesson we had set up with Augustine, who is super cool!!! He ACTUALLY READ THE PAMPHLET!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW RARE THAT IS??? It was wonderful and he was awesome! *happy sigh*

We then had our lesson with our favorite person ever, Kelly. She really trusts us now and we all (Sister Foulke, Ephraim, Kelly, and I) have become good friends and have really good gospel discussions together! :)

On the way home from this lesson, we got a text from Ephraim saying, "I just read this and had to share. 'An onion forces you to cry over it's dead body.'" I started laughing so hard that I was crying as I was driving us home! Sister Foulke then sent a text back that said, "Sister Longo said bitterly, 'I was apparently mourning the death of the onion for several days...'" to which he replied, "Lol, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing" Sister Foulke and I laughed all the way home! (See Week 8 Letter for Onion-Contact Story)

Sorry I have to cut this short. It was a busy day and I have to run!

The gospel is SO true!  I love you all!

Sister Longo

No comments:

Post a Comment