Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 18

Happy Halloween Dearies! 

How is everybody? I miss you all so much! How was every body's Halloween? What did you dress up as? I didn't dress up as anything… Just kidding I was a missionary! Best costume in the whole wide world! I bet you can't beat that! :P But I did have a way fun Halloween! It was preparation day so we actually went out proselyting for a few hours after studies and then we did our shopping and just had fun. And want to know what was fun for me? My companion dyed my hair!!! It was so fun because she went to cosmetology school before her mission so she knows what she's doing. Soooo... I wanted to go back to Brunette. However, as you all know my hair was black. So Sister Gardner (who went to cosmetology school before her mission) had to pull the color from my hair in order for the brown dye to work. The part between stripping it and dying it brown was super cool looking!!!










That night instead of going out proselyting all of the missionaries, except for the missionaries out of Valley (#SUCKERS!!!), came together in the mission office and we all watched a movie together. You will never guess what movie we watch! We got to watch Shrek!!! I never realize how much that movie applied to missionary work. We talk to people about random things and complement them on their boulders all the time! Well... we do it before they answer the door so we don't look crazy. But still, watch that movie from the prospective of a missionary and its scary cool how well it applies to mission life!!! How fun that we got to do something like that as a mission! 



This was not the highlight of the week though. On Friday we got to go to the temple! It was new missionary temple so all the missionaries that came in this last transfer and their companions got to go to the temple! It was so much fun I adore temples! The Las Vegas Nevada temple is beautiful too. I cannot wait to go to the temple every day when I get home! I'm going to see if I can be an ordinance worker in the temple when I get back! 
So, if you're not going to the temple as much as you can go, repentant! Go to the temple! Even if all you can do is walk the temple grounds still go! There is a special spirit there that you will never find anywhere else on this earth :)

One little bump in the road we had this week is that a car is now in the shop. So what does this mean for Sister Gardner and I? WE ARE WALKING EVERYWHERE! But hey it's great because cardio is good for the soul... or so my companion tell me. But so is the book of Mormon! What a great book! It's my favorite book I love it so much! I hope you are studying The Book of Mormon with real intent every day! I can promise you that it will bless and change your lives in so many ways!


One awesome thing we found though from walking is that we found this really yummy crêpe place! This guy was on the Food Network! And holy cow I have never had a better crêpe in my entire life! I encourage all of you to come and try these crapes… After I leave though because we don't want to be apostate! 

Yesterday was my 4th month mark. Holy cow. Not prepared for this. Mission time is so weird. A day feels like an entire week, it goes on for eternity. But a week feels like it was only a day. Don't ask me how it works.

I finally know what everyone is talking about when you have your ups and downs on a mission! But that doesn't matter we will have our ups and our downs whether we are on our missions are in real life! We just have to remember to keep her focused on Christ and push through! There's always a rainbow after a rainstorm! I love this work, yes it is hard sometimes, but in the end it is all worth it and I have a smile on my face! Never stop serving! Always look for opportunities to help others coming to Christ! I can promise you will go to bed smiling every night if you can do one little act to help someone feel Christ's love! 

I love you all and I miss you all so much!
Sister Longo
Lunch before the baptism (sent by the
Relief Society President: Debbie Enniss)



Fun reminder our leaders made for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment